Friday, October 06, 2017

October 6th, 2017

Early in the Garden

I do rise early
partly because by six o'clock my knees are whining and whingeing 
and begging to be up and moving, 
and partly because I know Bruce has one ear cocked
 and is about to clatter down the hallway, 
waiting to go out and greet the morning.

This morning was no exception.
It was dusky when we first arose
but by the time
I had pressed the button on the coffee maker
daylight was brightening
and soon the air was suffused
with a most beautiful rosy glow.

Bruce bounded out to greet the day...
I went more sedately with my ipad....
both of us glad to be out and about!

The garden was quiet 
with the lovely early morning stillness
autumn brings.

I took some pictures,
and some of them so delighted me I have them
in my header, up above.

Here are a few more...





and in the house a whole day of weaving awaited me....


Life is good!!





5 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

They are indeed some delightful pictures. And the whole show must have been missed by so many.

Penny said...

Beautiful photos, you were lucky to see such a lovely morning.

Morning's Minion said...

Like you, I want/need to be up and moving about as soon as I wake--and the cats are very ready to accompany me downstairs.
I love the shabby exuberance of an autumn garden. Phlox and coneflowers have gone by here--and I have failed to successfully nurture any Michaelmas daisies. Cosmos and a few roses are still providing those last precious blooms.

Hill Top Post said...

Your header is just lovely! An autumn garden really is my favorite!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Thank you for sharing your early morning wonders -- your flowers delighted me too -- and make one of the most beautiful headers I've ever seen.

PS: I pushed the button on my coffee maker this morning, went out of the kitchen and came back to coffee and grounds all over the counter, cupboards, and floor. Not the best start for the day. Don't know whether the machine just gave up or whether I did something wrong. (I went to the bakery on the corner and brought back coffee -- will try again and watch it carefully.0